- 1 whole Turkey 12 – 20 lbs.giblets removed.
- 1 large lemon, cut into halves
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 1 Granny SmithApple chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 bottle (approx.) of Historic Lynchburg Goblin’ Good Turkey Rub
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Butter or Olive or Vegetable oil, whichever you prefer.
Rub butter or oil over the skin of the Turkey inside and outsideuntil it is completely coated.
Sprinkle liberally with Historic Lynchburg Goblin’ Good Turkey Rub, and Salt and Black Pepper inside and outsideto taste.
Take a dull butterknife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat.
Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up, one on each side. This way the juice from the lemon will release into the breasts.
Place Onion, Carrots, Celery, Apple and sprig of Rosemary into turkey cavity.
Pull skin together and pin together with small skewers to seal cavity.
Heat oven to 350 degrees and cover Turkey and bake for 30-45 minutes.
Remove cover and continue to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes until you reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
Optional – Place and cook Turkey in pan in Smoker with indirect heat at 300 – 350 degrees with Hickory, Apple wood or both for the first 1-1/2 hours. Remove from smoker and finish in oven basting every 15-20 minutes until internal temperature is 180 degrees.
Garnish with ceramic Turkey head and present to your guest.